On December 16th, I decided to suck it up and go to the dentist because I was feeling a lot of pain in my mouth for about 3 months. I had put it off for so long because I knew it would be something big and would cost a lot of money, and I really didn't want to hear it. But then the pain got worse, so I decided to go because I didn't want to be in pain over the Christmas break when we were with family. Well...bad news indeed. My wisdom teeth were causing an infection in my mouth, and the dentist basically said they needed to come out now. But were were leaving in like 3 days, so he gave me some antibiotics and set me up for an appointment when we came back.
We flew home and had a wonderful time with our families, and I completely forgot that I had to get this done when we came back. Well, the date got closer and I got more nervous because I've never gone under sedation before, so I didn't really know what to expect. It also didn't help that Brandon was making comments like, "Do you have anything you would like me to tell your parents if you don't make it?" Yeah, that's my loving husband! So, we get there and they take me back, get me all comfortable in the chair, give me the sedative, turn off the lights, and then wait. I wait and wait and wait but nothing happens. I don't get sleepy or go to that twilight zone or anything! The dentist comes in and checks on my a couple of times and then decides to get to work...but I was fully awake and conscious! They numbed me up pretty good but I was still aware of everything they were doing. I could feel my teeth moving and jiggling around. I could feel and hear the drill against my teeth. It was not pretty and it was not fun! Brandon even got a little freaked out when I came out and my lips were all bloody. They gave me a prescription for some pain medication and then sent me home. Brandon put me to bed and then went to go get my medicine. I took it and a few hours later was throwing up blood (since I didn't have anything in my stomach). Thankfully my husband is wonderful (even with all of his jokes) and cleaned up the mess even though I know he doesn't do blood or throw up! He even did a wonderful job of taking care of David.
I threw up about 3 times before realizing it was the pain medication doing it to me, so I stopped taking it. Thankfully, I was going back to the dentist the next day for a check up and they were able to fix it. He told me that they had to cut away some bone to get to my lower wisdom teeth, so that is why I am so sore and swollen (and we can't forget hungry since I still can't really eat anything solid). My jaw is so sore from keeping my mouth open for so long (3 hours), and both of my classes are music classes requiring me to sing or play instruments. Basically, I am in a lot of pain...which I'm sure everyone who has had their wisdom teeth taken out will know. Sadly, all I want is a big delicious cheeseburger!!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
aww Hil it sounds like it was so scary!! Good for you for toughin' it out, though. I hope the swelling and the pain has gone away by now, but I know how long pain from wisdom tooth removal lasts... so... big hug! I hope your classes are going well! Miss you! -Saralyn
Post a Comment