Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day and then some...

Well, I guess I should post...it's been a little while. I just haven't really felt like it. I've been waiting for something spectacular to happen...like David taking his first steps...but that hasn't happened. :( He has gotten closer though. He is climbing up everything now and walking around the room by moving along our furniture. He's also dancing! Whenever music comes on, his little bum goes bouncing...no matter if he's standing up, sitting down, kneeling, or laying on the floor (that's the funniest one)! It's simply precious and slightly hilarious!

This past weekend was Valentine's Day. Brandon and I aren't big on it, but this time we actually took the time to get a babysitter and go out on a date. It was really fun! Even if we didn't get to see Avatar 3D like we were hoping because it was sold out (we will see that movie eventually!). We ate a Red Robin, which we never eat at sit down restaurants because we don't really talk to each other as we're waiting for the food. I know, how lame is that?! I would like to talk but Brandon always pulls out his iPod touch and plays games. But this time, we actually talked and joked around with each other! And because we didn't have David with us, we were able to hold hands as we were walking around. It was great! Just like the old days when we were dating and engaged! Then the next day, Sunday, at church we had Elder Quentin L. Cook in our ward, and I was able to sing in the stake choir! It was amazing! Needless to say, this Valentine's holiday was pretty good this year!

Brandon and I have also moved our furniture around in our apartment. It was getting boring the other way, and we needed a change. Well, actually I was the one who needed the change, Brandon just went along with it. It's nice...we tried to baby proof as much as the apartment as possible so we don't have to worry about David knocking anything over on him. I just need to do the final touches of straightening everything up, which might take a while because cleaning just isn't my thing. It's really the last thing on my list of things I want to do. So, we'll have to see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment