Friday, November 12, 2010

Ode to Idaho

Well...I never thought I would say this but...I want to be back in Idaho. I am ready for this "adventure" to be over. This tiny apartment, which started off as being comfy and intimate (well as intimate as you can get with an 18 month old), has now turned into cramped and irritable. There is no privacy, no room to just sit and think by yourself (unless you consider sitting on the toilet a place), no place to cool off after a heated argument. And the boredom...oh the boredom, if you ever wanted to kill someone by boredom send them here! It rains pretty much everyday so going outside is out of the question, so basically the way David beats his boredom is by getting into things that he's not supposed to. Like the trash. I have never seen a child so interested in throwing things away or picking through what has already been thrown away. We have lost so many things because he decided he wanted to throw it away and I didn't check it in time. We almost lost one of his shoes (I had to go digging through the garbage that was already outside to find that one). And because of this fascination, I am beginning to feel like the worst mother in the world. I feel like all I do is yell now. Nothing keeps this boy out of the trash...we have tried spanking and time-out...he knows he's not supposed to go in there but it's like some force is pushing him into it. I HATE it! I want to be in a place where we can block him out of the kitchen. I feel like a terrible wife and mother for saying this...but I want to be in a place where I can get away from both my husband and my child. For just a little bit. I am ready to see friends, have game night, and get out of this mold infested place!

Did I mention my phone is now broken (apparently it couldn't handle all the abuse from David), and the sound on our TV turned off tonight. Don't ask me why...I tried everything. And yes, I did check the "mute" button on the remote. The TV...my only source of entertainment that keeps me from going completely insane during the day and keeps David occupied while I get a shower or things done around the house, is now gone. We only have a month left, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

well you could move here early-just you and David. Leave Brandon there in the rain and just move back! you can play with us everyday and go outside and have more room. Just pick a weekend and Ty and I will help you move.

that's my idea

oh and you could try putting the garbage on the counter or table. I know it sounds gross but I would hate to yell at my kid all day,too. Or you could get a new garbage that he cant open. i'm sure someone, somewhere makes one.

oh and another idea for the boredom, is there a Mcdonalds with a playland nearlyby. You could just sit and relax while David runs around!

Post a Comment