Friday, December 10, 2010

Terrible Twos??

David has learned the meaning of "no." Well, I mean he always knew that it meant either he couldn't do something or he had to stop what he was doing. He just now figured out that it can also be a rebellious word that he can say to us. *sigh*

For the past couple of weeks, he's been able to say no...and would often repeat my "no, no, no" after I said it to him. It was cute and adorable because he would still listen to me and stop what he was doing (well for the most part anyways). However, last night we had a break through. I was doing the dishes and David started climbing onto the chair at our desk to get to my computer. I saw him and said, "No, David. Get down." And you know what that little stinker did...said "No, no, no" with a cute (and sly) smile on his face and didn't get down! I stood there shocked! I couldn't really believe it at first...had he really just told me no? So I told him to get down again, and again he told me no. Eventually, it ended with me pulling him off of the chair and him throwing a temper tantrum.

I jinxed myself. I had just told Brandon at the beginning of the week that I thought it was so cute when David would repeat us telling him no. I also mentioned that I was sure it wouldn't be cute once he learned that he could say it to us...and well, that time is now. Maybe if I had kept my big mouth shut he wouldn't have learned so quickly, doubt it, but still I feel like I brought this upon myself. I have a feeling David had better learn to like his time-out spot...and he's not even two yet. *double sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment