Saturday, May 12, 2012

David's 3rd Birthday

We aren't a party family...more of, I didn't feel like putting together a birthday party right after having a baby, so we decided to celebrate it just as a family. David's 3 (he turned 3 on the 28th), he doesn't know and probably doesn't care that we didn't throw him a party. That was also my thinking about making him another huge cake. Last year, I did Buzz Lightyear and it turned out great (if I do say so myself), but he didn't even touch it and could've cared less about it. So I decided I wasn't going to decorate the cakes until they can be fully appreciated! haha We just went to the store and got an Angel Food cake, smothered it in whipped cream and put strawberries around it. It was a much bigger hit, and he actually ate one or two bites (surprisingly he's not much of a sweets boy...I guess I shouldn't complain, Jacob definitely makes up for him! lol). 


Blowing out the candles

My big, cute 3 year old!

Jacob- waiting for some cake

Opening some of his presents

It's a little blurry, but I just love his face!

Jacob the Garbage Truck! David wanted McDonald's chicken nuggets for his birthday dinner so we got him a 4 piece, as well as Jacob. Well, Jacob ate all of his and when we put him down he climbed up into David's chair and finished his!

And of course I had to add a couple of pictures of Gabe...our little red head! He's just a little cutie!

He's a month old now, but it still seems like yesterday when we had him...before you know it, it will be his 3rd birthday!

David and Jacob just love him...they are such good big brothers!

Just love this picture of him

and I love this picture too!

*And on a side note, I turned 26 on the 25th of April...I'm on the downward slide to 30 now. *sigh*

2 comments:

aubrey and bobby said...

holy smokes david is big! and jacob could be his twin! that exactly what i remember david looking like when we were neighbors. haha.
and little gabe is so sweet. your boys are all just so handsome!

Alisha said...

I am all about keeping birthdays simple till they can appreciate it! Love the cake idea!might steal it!

Post a Comment