Saturday, June 30, 2012

Once Again We're Playing Catch Up...

I was doing so well with blogging, but lately I've been figuring out how to take care of three boys. David has decided that his life isn't fun unless he is making messes...I have cleaned up a dozen broken eggs from off the carpet, spilled milk all over our couch, flooded bathrooms and soggy floors, laundry detergent piled all over, spray on sun screen off our dining room floor...and so many more I just can't remember them all! So that has been my life so far, hence, the no blogging. But here are some pictures of what has also been going on with our lives.

Gabe was blessed over Memorial Day weekend. My brother and his family were visiting from Utah so we thought it would be a great opportunity to have everyone together. It was great being able to spend time with my sister and brother and their families. And yes, you see correctly that Ashley has the only granddaughter. We are a family of boys! haha It was also great getting to spend time with Brandon's side of the family...although, I don't have any pictures of them (we really need to work on that). David and Jacob loved being outside for pretty much the entire weekend.

He looked so handsome in his little button down shirt and vest! And just look at those blue eyes!

He actually started smiling right after we came back from Maryland...it's so cute!

Jacob loves to put things on his head. Hats are his love but their Grammy got them these cute masks and Jacob will tolerate them for a few minutes before taking them off. Luckily, I was able to get a couple of cute pictures first!

I tried to get a group shot of my boys but lately, David hasn't wanted anything to do with the camera, so his smile is fake and he's trying to get away and Gabe is screaming his guts out, so it's not the best picture. Jacob is adorable though... :)

We do have a pool that we could go to but I can't handle all three boys by myself, so I made do with what we had. I just dumped all their toys out of this bin and filled it up with water. They loved it and it kept them busy for a good 45 minutes. It would have kept them busy longer, but I was dying of heat and I didn't want them to get burned. David threw a tantrum coming back in though, so it might be a repeat thing!

A rare picture of me! haha But I got my hair cut...super short, as you can see! I've never had it this short before and I'm still not quite sure if I like it or not. I have my good days where I love it and my bad days where I hate it, but I guess everyone can say that about their hair.

Another cute picture of Gabe...he's getting so big and growing up too fast! Still has his red hair though!

Jacob loves to hold his little brother


Another attempt to get them all together...and again, Jacob is adorable!

I'm not sure why David is trying to pick Gabe's nose...but again, another cute picture of Jacob. haha

I'm cheap and I don't want to pay money to get someone to take professional pictures of Gabe, but I do want a good one to hang in our house so I've been trying to get a good picture myself...these aren't that bad! :)

So not much has been happening in our lives...we are pretty much living day-by-day (that's about all I can handle right now). Hopefully as the boys get older and a little less destructive, we'll be able to do more fun things! 

3 comments:

Rosie said...

JCPenny is pretty cheap these days. $4 a potrait sheet, plus $9 per person sitting fee... or buy their club membership to get free sitting fees for 2 years. Thats what we've been doing lately. :) Cute boys. I have no idea how you do it...

Deb Lyons said...

Thanks for keeping us posted Hils,you are a great Mom, and your family is just perfect!

Kristen Cook said...

Oh wow, Hilary. How do you do three kids? I'm excited...and terrified. I guess the first few months (maybe more sometimes) are just spent adjusting. I remember it being like that with Ashlyn....it took me quite a while to figure out two kids. Now I have to begin again. Well, so you have three boys, I will have three girls. Maybe one day you'll get a girl and we'll get a boy...then again, maybe not!

Post a Comment