Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Nerves

The other day I was grocery shopping and on my list was a bunch of food for a Thanksgiving meal. We decided to have Thanksgiving as our little family and not travel anywhere or visit anyone. Kind of like a new tradition...we shall see anyways. So as I'm shopping for the turkey and everything else, it hits me that I'm the one who will be cooking all the food this year. I have never cooked a Thanksgiving meal in my whole entire life! I didn't even really cook until we got married...granted, Brandon says he likes my cooking, so I wasn't really worried before. But now, I've never cooked a turkey before...I don't even know where to start...and all the other things that go with a Thanksgiving meal...how am I supposed to cook all of those things? Ahhh! I am slightly freaking out! :) So, all this week I am going to be making a plan...a plan of what I am going to cook, how long each one has to cook, and when I need to start cooking everything in order to have a hot meal on the table by dinner time! I think that should help! Plus, we aren't having a full blown turkey...what's the point with just two people eating? We just decided to have a turkey breast instead...so I feel slightly better about that...but only slightly. Well, we shall see how everything goes. Even if I burn everything, I know that Brandon will still eat it...I know he will tell me it stinks (he's just that way) , but he will still eat it because he's just that way! And I love him for that! Well...wish me luck!

1 comments:

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

At least there is only the three of you! I actually LOVE cooking my own meal! it's fun! Once you get all the timing figured out haha! I make a whole turkey though and then we freeze the leftovers for later. It's nice! good luck! You can call if you get in a pinch and need some help! :)

Post a Comment