Thursday, March 25, 2010

Almost there...

It's really hard to believe that my little boy is almost 11 months old...just three more days, and then only a month before he turns one! This year has flown by so fast. Sometimes, it still hard to believe we even have a child or are even thinking about having another one. We have certainly gotten lucky with David though. I could not have asked for a more lovable child. He fits his name...David means "beloved." That is definitely him! He's so happy all the time it's hard for us to not be happy around him (although there are times). This past week he has been sick. First he had a really bad head cold where I was using the bulb to suck out all the snot like ever half an hour or so. I felt really bad for our upstairs neighbors because he hated this and let his feelings be known...and let me tell you, this boy has a strong pair of lungs on him, but after I was done and I calmed him down he went right back to being happy, smiley, and talking. Then after he beat the cold, the very same day he got diarrhea. I think I changed about 4 or 5 diapers in one hour that night. His bum was so red! I felt so bad for him because it didn't help to put anything on him because he was just going again in the next 10 minutes so I would be wiping it off. He would scream while I was changing him but as soon as I snapped the last button and sat him up, he was fine. I don't think another person would have known he was sick unless they changed him or wiped his nose.

He also loves to smile! There aren't many times when he's not smiling, and when he isn't all you have to do is make a funny face at him or even just smile at him and he's smiling right back at you. He's got the best smile too...and laugh. We just love to make him laugh! He has definitely been a blessing in our lives!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment