Today was Jacob's blessing...well, it was supposed to be!
All of the Bishopric secretaries and ward clerks were out today, so the bishop and his counselors forgot!!! We were sitting in sacrament meeting all ready to get up and he just goes on to the blessing of the sacrament! haha We went up and talked to him afterwards and he was so embarrassed and apologetic. :) We told him it really wasn't a problem because we were considering doing it at our home anyways (Jacob is 4 months old and big for his age, so Brandon said it would look funny since it looks like he should be walking...he exaggerated, Jacob's not THAT big!) But we didn't clean our apartment like I wanted, and I wasn't going to have a baby blessing in our messy apartment, so we just decided to do it after church.
Well, Jacob then proceeded to throw up all over himself during the rest of church...I think I counted 4 times! And then when we were waiting for a room to open up, Jacob's diaper leaked all over his pants. So he was blessed pants-less! haha Brandon did such a wonderful job though! I'm so proud of him, being only a member of this church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) for almost 5 years now, he sounded like a real pro. The blessing was to the point, spiritual, and beautiful!
Sorry there aren't any pictures...like I said Jacob pretty much ruined his outfit, and David had a MAJOR break down when we got home...and I mean MAJOR! He didn't get a nap today, so he was absolutely exhausted and fell asleep on the floor at the foot of his bed!
All-in-all it was a wonderful day though!





1 comments:
So glad that it was a great day! I could tell the David was tired at church!! Poor kid...afternoon church is hard!
Post a Comment