Friday, July 1, 2011

The BEST Recipe Ever!!!

I have to stress the BEST in the title...this seriously is an amazing meal, and we have the wonderful Herd's to thank for introducing us to it!! It's soo good I just had to share it with everyone (well, everyone that reads my blog, haha)! I'm going to give you all the original recipe but it calls for a lot of pork, so I just normally get about a 2 lb pork roast and half the recipe. Well, I'll get right to it!

Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw

Roasted Sweet Pork
  • 6 lbs pork butt/shoulder roast
  • 1 19 oz. can Red enchilada sauce
  • 1 can Dr. Pepper (20 oz.)
  • 2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 clove garlic or 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on low overnight or until meat is tender. (If you are using a 2 lb roast, about 8 hours should do it instead of overnight). Whoops, forgot to mention that you need to shred the roast up once it's done...

Cilantro Lime Slaw
  • 1 pkg. Cole slaw or whole shredded cabbage (I actually used a broccoli slaw package)
  • 1 c. mayo
  • 1 c. cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or a dash of your favorite hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 T. lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
Combine all but slaw in a mini food processor or chop and combine yourself. Mix desired amount of dressing with slaw mix no more than 30 minutes before serving.

Put meat on top of a tortilla (we used corn tortillas, warmed in the microwave...but I'm sure flour tortillas would work too), and then the slaw on top of that. Fold in half and enjoy!

Super easy and a super delicious meal!

2 comments:

alyssa said...

i will totally try this sometime. and you get to use a crock pot, i'd hit that!

amber said...

I'm all about crockpot meals, so I'm definitely going to be trying this one, thanks! :)

Post a Comment