Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playing Catch-Up!

Wow! It's been a little while. I'm forever checking blogs, but I never feel like updating ours...still kind of don't, but a lot has been going on lately so I figured I might as well.

First off, Jacob is now 8 months old!!
And, as you can see, pulling himself up like a pro now!
He is fully crawling- no more amy crawl!
And mainly wanting solid food...this boy will eat anything!
Even if he has just eaten but sees us eating something, he'll crawl over, pull himself up and beg for our food. And I mean literally BEG! Puppy dog eyes, pouty lips, pathetic sounds and everything!

He loves to watch his favorite movie, "Meet the Colors"
Before you reprimand me for letting my 8 month old watch tv, it's a movie about colors. All they say are the colors (really, nothing else- it's quite annoying for an adult), and the little puff balls of color go around doing different things repeating whatever color they are over and over again.
It's educational, and I don't think it's hurting him any. It's also helping David learn his colors!

And here he is stealing David's pizza crust. He will literally eat ANYTHING! Seriously, Brandon gave him a small piece of pepper one day and he chowed down on it!
We have to put him in his jumperoo now whenever David is eating because he will just try to steal all of David's food!

Oh, he also now has his first tooth! Sadly, it did not go so well, and even more sad is I think his second bottom tooth is now working on poking though.
Yay for sleepless nights for Mommy!

And now, David!

We have let him play Mario Kart on our Wii and he is now absolutely addicted to Mario.
We found this cute little Mario doll, and as you can see he absolutely loves it!
He now has to make sure it is in his bed with him when he goes to sleep.
It's the cutest thing ever because he doesn't hold him, but places him on his pillow next to his head so he can look at him! It's so cute!
We are thinking about making him Mario for Halloween and Jacob, baby Luigi! I'll post pictures if it actually turns out!

He is just growing up too fast! Could this boy get ANY cuter?!!
We are working on his speech. He can put together a couple of sentences but mostly it's just the words he knows (which is A LOT).
I think he's longest sentence so far is "I'm gonna get you!"
And that's mainly because Mario says it in the game! haha
We're working on it, and he's getting there.

But ask this boy to do anything athletic, and he's there!
He's new trick: Hitting a ball with a bat, when the ball is tossed to him!
He can do it pretty consistently too...it seriously surprises us what this boy can do!

Now Mommy!

I had the special chance of going down to Utah with my fellow Relief Society women to see the Relief Society General Broadcast- which was absolutely WONDERFUL!
We also had a chance to tour Welfare Square (all my pictures there didn't turn out very good), and Temple Square. Both places I have never been before, so it was a GREAT opportunity for me! It was a great day, even though I did feel queasy even now and then

The beautiful Salt Lake Temple! It was a gorgeous day so I was able to get some great pictures!

I'm quite proud of that one! lol

The Christus (I think that's how it's spelled), in one of the visitor's centers on Temple Square.
We have one in the Washington D.C. visitor's center, so it reminded me of home!
All in all, it was a wonderful day- even though it was a long day. 5:30 am to 12:30 am!
Brandon had the boys all day long and he did SPECTACULAR with them!
I was a little worried because he hasn't has them longer than 2 hours before, but my worries were in vain!
He is a great husband for allowing me to have that wonderful opportunity.
Now we just have to get down there as a family!

Last, but not least, Daddy!

Sadly, there are no pictures of what Brandon has been doing the last month or so.
But you can imagine what it looks like...school, homework, sleep, and more school!
He is working hard in his LAST semester of school, and working hard to find a job afterwards.
Right now, he has applied to many places, but not a whole lot of interviews.
He's getting a little stressed that he hasn't found a job yet, and I'm kind of there too.
But we both know, everything will work out- it's just the waiting part that hard!

So there you go...you are now caught up in the lives of the Lyons'! Now I can go back to my blog stalking and not have to worry about writing for a while! haha :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You guys sound so good! And your boys are so cute! I love the Mario doll...adorable! Hope the job comes soon and you guys end up somewhere you love.

Alisha said...

You think that was long...you should see my blog posts...LOL!! It was a great trip and lots of fun!! I really like your temple ones!

Post a Comment