Ok, I seriously need to get better at this because I really hate doing these "update" posts!
They are too long so I'm not sure how many people actually read the entire thing...
But so much has happened, it's ridiculous!
First off...Halloween!
Apparently Brandon and I aren't much of holiday people...we never really did much before we had kids and sadly, are keeping up the tradition with kids.
I feel like a terrible parent!
We didn't even carve our pumpkin! We bought one, but it just sat on our countertop.
But because of this, I really wanted to take the boys out trick-or-treating.
(It still almost didn't happen)
But here are the boys' costumes!
The adorable Mario!
The equally cute Luigi!
I had to hold his hands down because he would just take his hat off.
I wanted to get a picture of them together, but of course no one was cooperating.
David loved trick-or-treating...he would go up to the house saying "trick-treat," but then not say anything when the door opened! haha silly boy! But he loved going from house to house getting candy.
These boys drive me crazy at least 10 times a day, but I still can't get enough of them.
David is a typical two-year-old. Whoever came up with the phrase "terrible twos" was sooo right!
Example: In the time it took me to go to the bathroom, David got into the fridge and smashed about half a dozen eggs in our living room...and tossed the other half around the room (how they didn't break is beyond me!) It was like an Easter egg hunt for me, only there wasn't any goodies at the end!
He is exercising is agency every second of every day and honestly, Brandon and I are at our wits end. We need some new disciplining ideas because what we are doing is NOT working at all!
Just look at that face...it's got "I'm Up to No Good" written all over it!
Jacob is a typical nine month old...he is figuring out how to get into everything! But he's super cute doing it! haha He is working on standing by himself. He can do it for a couple of seconds and now has a controlled fall instead of flopping, so I imagine it won't be long before this little boy is walking! Sadly though, this boy has a temper...and I mean temper!
If he does not get what he wants, look out! I'm pretty sure a deaf person could hear his scream!
I just love them in their church outfits though...they just look so grown up and handsome!
Christmas ideas the relatives can get me (or the boys)- more church outfits! (since I don't have a girl yet, this is the only way I'm allowed to dress up my boys)
:)
Let me explain these next couple of pictures...
We have church at 1 in the afternoons...that's normally in the middle of David's naps. So quite often we have to wake him up to get him ready. Well, one day he just wasn't waking up...we tried everything from rubbing his back and talking to him, opening up his blinds, pulling off his pants, and nothing was working. Brandon got the idea of piling his toys on top of him until he woke up. As you can see, that didn't work out as well as we hoped either.
Can you see him?!
Don't worry though, we made sure we didn't cover his face so he could still breathe.
Brandon has been fervently looking for a job for when he graduates this December (only a month and a half away!) and so far, no luck.
He went down to Utah for an interview a couple of weeks ago, and last week they sent him an email asking when they could get in contact with him for a follow up (basically going to tell him yes or no). Well, he told them when he was available and they have YET to call him!
We were angry and frustrated because this was the only job that looked remotely promising.
But we have since given up on them (I don't think Brandon would want to work for them now even if they did happen to call and offer a job), and are back to the drawing board.
He's got a couple of interviews coming up, so keep us in your prayers that one of these places is the one...otherwise, we really don't know what to do.
I'm about 16 1/2 weeks along now...I've been starting to feel the baby move a little which has gotten me more excited about it. We still don't know how we are going to handle 3 kids, especially when 2 are driving us up the wall. We find out on November 29th what this little one is, and we are definitely excited about that! I have had no thoughts or feelings on what it could be...actually that's a lie. I will think it's one think and then my brain will talk me out of it, so I begin to think it's the other. It's been very frustrating, and I hate being in the dark! But I just need to wait a couple more weeks!
So that has been another lovely update on the lives of the Lyons'...please join us next month for another!
I promise I will start to get better!





4 comments:
i love your updates!!! especially pictures!!
I hope that a job comes through fast for ya! good luck with the discipline thing!
Totally hope the job comes around soon! We've been there. We lived with David's parents for a year while he worked a minimum wage job and applied everywhere like crazy. It was hard, but good and eventually things worked out.
Also, Evan has gotten CRAZY the past few weeks. I think it is the age, but we are at a loss at what do to do as well. It kind of makes me feel better that someone else is in the same situation...thanks. :)
Take care...excited to find out what you are having too! :)
Your little boys look like twins!! They are so cute! I can't wait to find out what you will be having next. It is hard not to know what is in store for the future, but sometimes everything just falls into place so last minute. At least that is what happened for us before Grant graduated. So good luck!
Post a Comment