Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wanted: The Sandman

Where are you Sandman? I need your magical dust to put me to sleep...actually that's not true. I don't really need your magical dust for me, I'm sleeping just fine. I need you for my boys. Please come and sprinkle them so I can get a decent night's sleep before the baby comes! Otherwise, I don't think I'm gonna be able to take care of three kids all day long.

It's really not as bad as I'm making it out...my boys sleep. They go to bed at a decent hour, and this tired mommy goes to sleep right along with them, but then David gets up at least twice because he's lost his binky or had a nightmare, and Jacob gets up to have a bottle and diaper change. Some nights he's up more because...who knows why, he just does, but all I have to do is put his binky back in his mouth and he goes back to sleep. But I'm still jostled out of my deep sleep to take care of them.

So you would think with all of this disturbance that they would want to sleep in. Nope. For the past couple of days they have been up at 6 or 6:30. Not terrible, but if you know me you know I am not a morning person AT ALL! I'm trying to be though because I know when this next baby comes I'm going to be thrown into the whirlwind of everything that comes with a newborn while juggling the daily grind of two little toddlers. I've really wanted to get into the habit of getting up before the boys so I can get a shower and maybe have some time to myself. But what pregnant woman wants to get up at 5 every morning knowing she won't have a nap all day long?

Oh did I forget to mention that? My boys are also on opposite napping schedules...Jacob goes down in the morning and by the time he's waking up, David's ready for his nap, and by the time David wakes up from his, Jacob is falling apart and ready for another one. No matter how hard I try I just can't get them to sleep at the same time. So no nap for mommy. And then I go to sleep when the boys do, so no me time either. It begins to wear on you after a while.

So please, Sandman, come and sprinkle that dust that will put my boys to sleep AND keep them asleep for the whole night! Please!

2 comments:

Aaron and Hannah Kam Family said...

Oh gosh, your house totally sounds like our house right now, except add one that goes to school! I'm telling you it's NOT easy! Adapting to 3 was sooooo hard, and I'm still adjusting. I'm just preparing you so you aren't like wanting to pull your hair out everynight. I seriously cried like a billion times a day! But it does get easier! Does David do good with movies? During one of Jacobs naps you could put a movie on and lay on the couch or your bed, where ever you have a tv or computer, and let him watch a movie. That's what I did with Kai when we had Isaac. I hope you get some sleep because that is sooo important! I wish you well with the baby! I can't wait to see him!

Aaron and Hannah Kam Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment