Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Famous!!

I just have to brag about myself here for a little bit...

I found out today that my 1st grade jumping rope record still hasn't been broken yet!! That was 20 years ago!! I still remember doing that competition too. Whoever wanted to try for the King and Queen jumping spot for their grade could go to the gym and grab a jump rope, find an empty spot in the gym, and when the music started start jumping. If you messed up, then you had to sit down and watch everyone else jump. The last girl and boy jumping became the King and Queen for their grade. I remember just jumping away and watching as all of my friends quickly or slowly started to sit down. I just kept on jumping...eventually it was just me jumping (I had even beaten the last boy) and they couldn't stop until I messed up. It got to be over 10 minutes before my gym teacher finally stopped me. He called and told my mom he stopped me because he was afraid I would pass out or something because I just wasn't stopping! So who knows how long I could have been jumping for!

I have a church friend, Kim, who has kids who go there now, and she told me they just had the competition last week and they read the names of those who are still holding records for their class. And first off was Hilary Cook 1992! They asked the students if anyone knew the people who held these records and Kim told me that her daughter was so excited to tell everyone that she knew me! haha So that's how I'm famous!

I taught myself how to jump rope with a scarf when I was 4 years old...I got to be pretty good at it. Now...not so much! haha But now I'm done bragging about myself. It just made me feel so good to know something I accomplished is still not beaten yet!

1 comments:

Alisha said...

That is awesome!!! I'm so excited to know someone famous!

Post a Comment