Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012!

My boys discovered the joy of Halloween this year! They loved dressing up (although Jacob's pictures don't look like it...he was still getting used to the hat), they LOVED going trick-or-treating, and they LOVED all the candy they got!

David, the cutest pirate in the world!

I tried to get him to say "Argh," but this is all I got...


Jacob, before we put his costume on...

Jacob, after we put his costume on...the saddest Mickey Mouse in the world! 
The hat was too big and he didn't like it much


we found yellow socks and put them over his shoes to complete the outfit

A much happier Mickey Mouse, without any ears...

The cutest lion in the world!

 I should probably be a mean mother and get rid of most of it (they have places here in NY where you can donate your Halloween candy), but I just can't do that to them. And secretly inside, I know I can't part with it because I want it. Not good for the whole trying to lose weight thing, but hey, you found my weakness!

They were able to get candy on three different occasions. Three! Needless to say, they got a boat load of candy! (Yay!) We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat activity, and had a blast there...went trick-or-treating Halloween night with a couple of awesome families, and then the Halloween party for Joy school just happened to land on my turn teaching, so we got to host that too...and of course, I had to have a piƱata filled with even more yummy goodness! Sorry to all the other joy school moms for loading your kids up with even more candy!

It was so much fun watching David and Jacob go around to each house with their buckets saying "Trick treat" to the people. David was so excited he just couldn't wait for Mommy and Jacob, he ended up being about one house ahead of us most of the night...but luckily there was an older boy, Mason, who took him under his wing and watched out for him. It was so cute watching them cross the road because Mason would take David's hand and they woud cross hand-in-hand. Like I said, we went with some awesome families! Jacob didn't want to let go of my hand the whole night, but he wasn't any less excited! If we got to a house that had a lot of children at the door, he would push his way to the front, stick his bucket as far up as he could and said "Trick treat" as loud as he could! I wish I could have gotten it on video!

We also got some pumpkins, but instead of carving them we let the boys paint them...they had a blast! I put them outside to dry and, sadly, it rained that night and all the night day, so all the paint got washed off. That's what I get for getting washable paint, but it made it easier to get off them!





Look! I was there too! 
haha it's very rare you actually see a picture of me...Brandon didn't want to look up though. :(

This last picture is something I made for the joy school lesson/party. (Thank you Pinterest!)
It's a felt pumpkin with lots of different eyes, nose, and mouth choices so the kids could make all different kinds of faces. 
We were learning about all the different kinds of emotions that people can express so this worked perfectly!
I just have to say it was a good thought in theory...don't get me wrong, the kids loved them and it worked really well with the lesson, but they were a PAIN to make! I made one for each of the children and then cut out all those different sets of facial expressions for each of them too! I was up until 1 am trying to finish these...a little over-achiever? I think so!


0 comments:

Post a Comment