Thursday, June 13, 2013

It's About Time!

Wow! Never have I gone this long without blogging...it was a much needed break, I think, though. But so much has happened in 7 months I don't really know where to begin.

Let's begin with the most surprising...I'm pregnant...again! We got prenant while on birth control, apparently this baby was supposed to come now, but anyways Baby #4 is due to make its appearance September 24th. I'm 25 weeks and 2 days along now...ultrasound technician lady said at the 20 week ultrasound that baby looks like a girl, but I'm not holding my breath. Baby was sitting on its bum with its legs crossed for the majority of the time. Luckily, my doctor wants me to have another one done when I'm 28 weeks to see if baby is still sitting breech or not, so we'll have another chance to double check sex! Either way, we have a girl's name and a boy's name already picked out so we are set!

In other news, I missed all of our family's birthdays and, and we had some pretty important ones!

Gabe turned ONE in April! He is now 14 months, as of Tuesday, and finally figured out the walking thing a couple weeks ago! We now have 3 little walkers in our family! He is a small boy though...looks more like a 9 month old, but he finally hit 20 lbs! He also is boarder-line anemic so we have to give him some iron supplement everyday for a little while until they can see an improvement. We're hoping for only a month or so.

Not quite sure about this cupcake thing...

We love this face!

We finally had to cut those adorable curls off because it was getting so hot here (where that went I wish I knew!) and we have some sweaty boys...but I think his new hair cut definitely makes him look older!


Up and walking!

Jacob turned TWO in January...so he's almost 2 1/2 now! Crazy, I know! He's talking up a storm and has a much better grasp on the language than David did at his age! We can actually understand about 85% of what Jacob says, whereas with David it was more around 50%. He's tall for his age (88 percentile) and totally independent! If we try to do something for him, he will cry and cry and cry until we let him do it. He definitely has the temper tantums down. He's our monkey...he actually has more coordination when he's climbing then when he's on the ground running around! Weird, I know! He's also our eater, David and Gabe are so picky but we can get Jacob to eat pretty much anything we stick in front of him! His favorite songs now are Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Once there was a Snowman. He knows them by heart and sometimes when he wakes up from naps I can hear him singing to himself!
 He loves Mickey Mouse, so I attempted a Mickey Mouse cake for his birthday...turned out better than I thought it would!
And he loved it!! A much better reaction out of him than when David turned two and I made him a Buzz Lightyear cake!
 This kid also HATES to have his picture taken! I had a pretty old camera that the boys dropped one too many times so after a minute of it being on, it would automatically shut itself off. I was getting so frustrated with it and with Jacob because I couldn't get any decent pictures of him. Brandon, I think, finally got annoyed with my complaining and for Mother's Day got me a nice camera. After about 200 pictures, and chasing him around the house, we were finally able to get this picture!


Still having problems looking at the camera, but I like them anyways!

David turned FOUR in April! Four! I can't believe it! And he started Primary at church...for the first month and a half he hated it and would scream and cry when we took him in. Now, thank goodness, he seems to be getting better! I've been doing Joy School with him (joy school is a little preschool where a couple of moms get together, decide on a curriculum, and then each mom teaches a week at their home and it rotates around). David has absolutely LOVED it and has learned so much this year. He knows his whole alphabet, upper and some lower case letters, knows all the colors, can count up to 30 without help, recognizes the numbers 1-12, and can write his name! He can almost write the whole alphabet too! Brandon has actually started helping him memorize some sight words! This boy is going to be ready for Kindergarden in the next year! I'm fascinated how much he loves to learn. He has his father's mathematical brain and loves to figure out puzzles and will sit and work through a workbook until he completes every page. He has hit the stage where he will just sit and talk your ear off about anything and everything. Yesterday, I learned all about what happened in Handy Manny and all of his tools!
 Tried to make a Mario cake for his birthday...didn't turn out as well as the Mickey Mouse one, but still decent I think!
 Love this picture of my big, grown up boy!

 Showing off his personality...


 End of the year Joy School field trip to the zoo...he loved it!

 Starting to give me these cheesy smiles...that's thanks to Brandon.
Again, showing off his personality...

We also went to Maryland a couple of times visiting family, which the boys LOVED, and also had the grandparents visit up here in New York a couple of time, boys also LOVED...David is constantly asking to go back to Maryland to see Grandma, or looking out the window to see if Grammy is here yet! We might just have to move closer to family just so this little boy can get his Grandma/Grammy fix whenever he needs it! ;) 

And lastly, a picture of all of us...this was taken in December...sad we haven't gotten a more recent one done. 
But we are doing well, enjoying this summer so far...seems like more rain than sun, but we're dealing with it! Hopefully, I'll update more often now!

1 comments:

Alisha said...

It is about time!!! I hardly recognized Jacob! They grow do fast!

Post a Comment