Friday, January 14, 2011

One of Those Days

We got about maybe 5 inches of snow last night and our managers called and asked that we move our cars so that they could plow the parking lot. I put on a show for David and plopped him down on the couch, hoping he would stay there. Then I went outside and cleaned off my car and moved it. As I was walking back, I was noticing the other cars in the parking lot and thinking "they need to get on top of things and move their cars" (the managers had given us a time limit...move your cars by such a time...) Well, then I noticed that one of those parked cars looked familiar and I realized that Brandon got a ride into school today, and that car was his. Shoot, I had to clean off and move his car too, but I had to go back inside to get his keys. I knew David wasn't going to like me leaving twice but there was nothing I could do about it. I walked back in and David was up at the counter top trying to reach a power tool we had borrowed. I got him down, told him not to touch, and to just sit and watch his show. I then told him I had to go back outside again...and as I walked out the door, he came running up behind me and started to cry. I told him I would be right back and figured he would just stand and cry at the door until I came back in. Well, when I came back in he was right there, tears streaming down his face, and looking guilty. I asked him what was the matter and he pointed to the floor. There on the floor was this huge pile of pizza sauce. I had made pizza the previous night for dinner and still had some sauce left so I put the can in the fridge. David must have been thirsty, went into the fridge, pulled out the can, and tried to drink it. There were some nice pizza sauce stains on his pajamas too. So I stripped him down and set him on the couch and told him not to move. I was frustrated because I really didn't want to clean up the floor with a huge 37 week pregnant belly, but I tried not to get mad at him because I could tell he was upset about it. As I was on my hands and knees cleaning, I asked David where the can was...I don't think he understood because he didn't answer, so I started looking for it. It wasn't in the living room and all the bedroom doors were shut, so I went back into the kitchen. I opened the fridge door and there was the can sitting right were I put it only upside down and empty. It was like he was trying to tell me, "I didn't mean to do it Mommy." My frustration flew out the window and I just stood there and laughed. Even though it was a huge mess and I was going to be late taking Brandon's lunch in, I just thought the whole thing was hilarious...hopefully I can keep that same thought process when he starts to make even more messes. But for right now, I'm still laughing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment