Well, last night we just decided it would be easier if he was just sitting in the cart with our purchases rather than fight with him to turn around and sit down. Mistake #1.
David did not want to sit in there either but wanted to jump around. Brandon was getting pretty frustrated with him because he wasn't listening to us, and would sometimes jolt the cart so David would fall back. Mistake #2. David thought this was hilarious.
We hurried and found everything we needed because he was driving us crazy and got into the shortest check out line possible...right next to a stack of magazines. Mistake #3.
What is it, three strikes and you're out? That was the case for us. David reached for a magazine and pulled it off of the rack and promptly threw it on the floor. I reach down with my pregnant 37 week belly and put the magazine back...I must have been too slow because the next thing I hear is Brandon yelling, "Oh Honey..." and turn just in time to see David face plant on the floor.
He must have tried to reach for another magazine and fell out instead...Brandon couldn't catch him because he was at the front of the cart, and I was moving too slow. We picked him up and through all the crying and screaming looked him over and, surprising, he looked ok. There was a decent bump on his head and his gums were a little bloody but other than that, no scrapes or gashes. We were worried about a concussion, since it was a decent fall, but we watched him the rest of the night and kept him up about an hour past his normal bed time and by then he was bouncing off of the walls...normal David stuff. If anything, I think it shook Brandon and I up more than it did David. Today there is only a little bruise on his head...barely anything. Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for His little child! Thank goodness!





1 comments:
oh my gosh, so scary! I am glad he is okay though. They are at the fun age where they're interacting and being independent, but at the same time the scary stage where they're literally bouncing off the walls and falling everywhere!
Post a Comment