Parenthood is hard. I knew it would be hard before I got pregnant with David but no one could ever really tell you EXACTLY how hard it really is. Especially from a religious stand point...you're trying to keep yourself worthy to enter the Celestial Kingdom and now you are also responsible for teaching your children what is right. I don't know about all you other mothers out there, but I find this very hard. Granted, Heavenly Father is always there to help you along, but when your two year old is once again getting into something he knows he shouldn't be touching because we have told him that a million times, it's hard to keep that in mind.
Well, when Jacob came along everything just got ten times harder. I have a very difficult time listening to babies cry, but when I also have to take care of his older brother, I've learned to tune Jacob out for just a little while so I can handle David without getting too frustrated (although I still do occasionally). It's been a difficult month and a half since adding Jacob to our family. Jacob has gotten thrush and a cold right on top of each other, so he has become a very cranky baby who cries more often than not.
Well about a week after I brought Jacob home from the hospital and we were still working on adjusting, there were many many times I thought to myself that two kids were fine with me. Then suddenly, there were times when I would look at Jacob and for a split second I would think he was a girl. And it was such a powerful thought that I would consciously have to remind myself that he was a boy...this happened so many times that I started to lose count. So apparently we have a little girl up there who is waiting to come down, and she doesn't want us to forget her. Ever since then I have started thinking that three kids is good enough for me. ***Let me just say that I am NOT thinking about having another child any time soon...I am NOT pregnant, nor do I want to become pregnant any time soon*** But I KNOW this little girl wants to be in our family, so I've been causally throwing out names that I like. I know the middle name is going to be Lind because it's my Grandmother's maiden name and my middle name and it would die with me if I didn't pass it along...so I am. I have found many girls names that I like...Avery and Emma were just two names I was considering. However, they just never felt right. Then yesterday I was blog hopping (you know when you go to your friends blog and then click on one of their friends and then one of their friends and so on) and came across the name Sadie. Instantly loved it, so I put it with Lind- Sadie Lind Lyons- and I loved it more and even got a little tearful. So I have come to the conclusion that we are going to have a girl and her name is going to be Sadie Lind Lyons.
I don't know about you, but I think that is rather cool!





2 comments:
I totally understand about the girl thing. Shortly after Peter was born, I had a similar experience. Two more boys later and she's finally here! Love the post!
That is really cool! Thanks for posting this.
Post a Comment